Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dogzilla and the Lil' Stinker

As previously mentioned, Eric and I will be gone for Halloween this year celebrating a very monumental occasion. That means no handing out candy to little monsters, princesses or pirates and no dressing the pups up. (Eric will be happy to hear that I take full responsibility for this guilty pleasure.) I started the costumes last year with Sadie. She was a wizard and a darn cute one at that. We put the child gate in the front doorway, which allowed us to still close it, and Sadie could greet all the kiddies when they came trick or treating without scaring the "beegeeous" out of anyone. To make her feel better, or maybe it was just me being a big kid, I dressed up as a jester. We were pretty darn cute. Despite her obvious hatred for the clothing, (look at that face) I am convinced that she really likes it. Hahahaha!!!!

Halloween 2007


For some reason, I felt compelled to have a plethora of dog costumes. At the end of the season last year, I caught the 1/2 off sales at the doggy boutiques; I couldn't run out, EVER!!! Never did I think that I would have 2 dogs to dress.... oh what fun for me. I couldn't bare to leave Dexter out of all the dress-up fun, even though they would clearly benefit from us being out of town, so I got out the costumes and camera, dressed the dogs and enticed my furry babies to sit and stay with yummy treats. I tell you.....I have the best darm pups. They don't look as excited in the pictures as I know they were in their hearts.
I know that the dogs look very much alike. I bought this Halloween collar last year for Sadie. I had to have the same picture of Dexter. If I didn't know, I would think that they were related. If anyone sees another collar like this, please let me know. I would hate for either of them to feel left out.

No comments: