Sunday, October 19, 2008

Slowly shrinking the house

I love to paint and decorate. Most of you know this as I have either helped you paint or said "That couch would look better here or there." Typical melanieism's, so long as it looked better and there was no more white walls in site. I promised Eric that I would wait an entire year before redecorating anything in our new house. Since I didn't mind the wall color that was here when we moved in, I really kept my promise. I started with the guest room since it was the least used (colors are: lime green, brown and turquoise). It is absolutely adorable! Very gender neutral plus I even made my own prints for the walls. I keep forgetting to take pictures of that room and now we have someone staying in there, so I promise to post before and after once it is vacant again.

Since I can't share that with you yet, I am going to share with you my other fave house project. I got a wild hair up my rump one week during the summer. My little tiny half bath was needing some pizazz. I love stripes and thought they were just what the bathroom needed. So I went to the paint store and asked to look through their OOPS paint. (this is paint that was made incorrectly at the store so they sell it for cheap) I found myself a nice quart of glossy brown for $5 then went to town measuring and leveling the paint area. The whole project took me about 4 days, not so much because of the painting but the maneuvering of the giant ladder I had to work with.

I so very happy with the results. It is just like I wanted. It's on to the next project. :-)

BEFORE


AFTER

3 comments:

heethar said...

Will you come paint my house? I have so much to do, and I just hate it!! Plus, you are a million times better than me. HELP!

Kristin Eberline said...

I absolutely LOVE your new bathroom!!! Stripes are my favorite!!!!!! My husband and I don't agree on stripes, so I live vicariously through people like you :O) Beautifully done!

jen @ the inspiration studio said...

Oh my gosh. I LOVE the stripes. I have been wanting to do that to our master bath for SOOO long, but we have such textured walls it is soo hard to keep the lines straight! Yours turned out great!